Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark S Gabelman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Stress Testing
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I had been seeing Dr. Gableman for more than 20 years, starting out with him as my family doctor. In the early part of 2002, while I was driving home from work at night, I had a very minor bump with the car in front of me. Apparently I had blacked out for less than a fraction of a minute.I explained what had happened to Dr. Gableman, who proceeded to put me through tests, an EKG, and ECG, and others, then had me wear something called a Holter, to use to upload signals to a computer if I had felt anything strange with my heart.After Dr. Gableman put me through a nuclear stress test, he advised me that he thought I needed an angiogram, and explained completely what that test entailed. Were they to find nothing, I would be able to go home within a few hours.However, if they found what he expected to find, I would then have a stent placed wherever it was indicated, and would stay overnight, going home the next day.They did find a section of coronary artery which had become extremely narrowed, and they installed two stents in my lower left coronary artery. I went home the next day, a Tuesday, and the following Monday I was back at work.We had already scheduled and paid for a trip to Disney world, which would have meant flying to Florida, and Doctor Gableman had me go through another stress test, to be certain that my heart and stents were able to tolerate the stresses of air travel, including the lower oxygen and the pressure of being 35,000 miles above sea level.I passed, and we went on vacation, three weeks after my two stents were implanted.Dr. Gableman, and his partner Dr. Kelley, the cardiac interventionist, literally saved my life.
He is very aggressive in prescribing medications, especially in the elderly. I am in my 80s and he prescribed high dosages and too many unnecessary medications. Incidentally, Dr. Gableman is not my regular cardiologist. He was ssigned to me while I was in the hospital. When I went back to my regular cardiologist, he was surprised at the number of medications and the high dosages for someone of my age. He adjusted the dosages and took away 2 of the unnecessary medications.
38 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1980
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Mark S Gabelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalisades Medical Center, 7600 River Rd, North Bergen, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark S Gabelman in this video.
Dr. Mark S Gabelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Bergen, NJ.