The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark R Hancock has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark R Hancock has the following 10 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Mark R Hancock is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 4 of 4
27 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Mark R Hancock accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Monument Health Tier 1
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Mary's Regional Cancer Center Oncology Dept, 750 Wellington Ave, Grand Junction, CO
Dr. Mark R Hancock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Junction, CO.