Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark J Holterman
Dr. Mark J Holterman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Maywood, IL, with other offices in Peoria, IL and Peoria, IL . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Holterman is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark J Holterman has 3 locations
2160 S 1st Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
420 NE Glen Oak Ave Ste 210
Peoria, IL 61603
420 NE Glen Oak Ave Ste 201
Peoria, IL 61603
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark J Holterman has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.<br>Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Mark J Holterman has the following 5 expertise
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Biliary Atresia
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Transplantation
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark J Holterman - Posted on November 14th, 2016
The best Peds surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark J Holterman - Posted on June 28th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark J Holterman - Posted on March 16th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark J Holterman - Posted on July 8th, 2012
Dr. Holterman was the only doctor that took the time to listen. His concern kept my son from being discharged home with a toy in his lung. Dr. Holterman's expertise and ability led him to removing the toy in a matter of minutes. Thank you Dr. Holterman for lending us your skills and time and getting my son home safely.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark J Holterman - Posted on August 17th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Holterman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Mark J Holterman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark J Holterman, MD - Pediatric Surgery in Maywood, IL, in this video.
Dr. Mark J Holterman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Maywood, IL.