Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark J Holterman
Dr. Mark J Holterman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, IL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Holterman is affiliated with St Alexius Medical Center, University Of Illinois Hospital and Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Dr. Holterman has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark J Holterman has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Biliary Atresia
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Transplantation
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Holterman was the only doctor that took the time to listen. His concern kept my son from being discharged home with a toy in his lung. Dr. Holterman's expertise and ability led him to removing the toy in a matter of minutes. Thank you Dr. Holterman for lending us your skills and time and getting my son home safely.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Holterman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Mark J Holterman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Surgery Center, 420 NE Glen Oak Ave Ste 210, Peoria, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark J Holterman in this video.
Dr. Mark J Holterman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.