Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark R Nyce has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mark R Nyce has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 24
Horrible person who scheduled my follow up appointment. She was rude and abrupt. It was like I was taking time away for her to do something else. She also kept answering me with quick uh huhs. She said she was new. Someone need to teach her people skills and good old fashioned common courtesy. My blood pressure has not been this high in years!
If I could give 0 stars, I wouldn't hesitate! DO NOT GO TO THE CENTER FOR DIGESTIVE AND LIVER HEALTH AND ENDOSCOPY CENTER of Savannah, GA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be tricked and lied to. ACTIVE DUTY, they do not comply with their Tricare contract and will charge you for services not covered. $450 to be exact! FYI active duty DO NOT have a copay!!!!! Do not pay any copay or deductible, it will be forever, if ever, before you will be reimbursed. They will turn on any Tricare representative that you may call (by being as rude and argumentative as possible) claiming that you signed a waiver and are therefore responsible for the bill! NOT TRUE!!!I If they lose their Tricare contract, they cannot serve anyone with Tricare insurance. they even told me that we are not special just because we have Tricare. They say that they treat Tricare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield equally. Tricare is not public, commercial insurance. How many poor saps have not questioned it and paid? DON'T give them your business! So outraged!!
He doesn't give up on a difficult diagnosis. He is thorough with tests. He follows through with a good level of communication. He spends appropriate time with patients. He has caring and concern for patients. He seems to hold himself to high standards. The wait is longer than average to see him, but once you're in with him, he spends the time necessary to discuss your health and concerns. Zero reservations about referring my family and friends to him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2000
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Mark R Nyce accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmory Southern Heart Specialists, 1139 Lexington Ave, Savannah, GA
Dr. Mark R Nyce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.