Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark A Salvaggio has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Mark A Salvaggio has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Mark A Salvaggio has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark A Salvaggio is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 8
My wife had a lymph node removed by a different surgeon and by Saturday a huge lump had swollen in her groin. She was scheduled to fly to Phoenix to address over 2000 people on Monday. She had two simple questions. Was it safe to fly with the swelling and if she should have it drained, was it safe to fly after having it drained. Salvaggio was the doctor on call. When she asked him these questions, his irritated response was, "My crystal ball isn't working this weekend." When my wife spoke to a nurse later, the nurse was able to give her a straightforward answer. Salvaggio was demeaning and sarcastic at a time she had a genuine concern.
I had extenuating circumstances that necessitated the IMMEDIATE removal of my gall bladder. Dr. Salvaggio listened to me with genuine attention and professionalism; saw my urgency (averaging 1 gall stone attack per week) and expedited my surgery; talked to me like an equal and did not patronize; and followed up after the surgery as though I were family. I will definitely go back to him if I need any other surgeries.
38 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Mark A Salvaggio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Salvaggio, MD - Surgery in Fairmont, WV, in this video.
Dr. Mark A Salvaggio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairmont, WV.