Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Silver MD
Dr. Mark Silver, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Skowhegan, ME, with another office in Skowhegan, ME. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Silver is affiliated with Redington Fairview General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Silver has 2 locations
Dr. Mark Silver has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Mark Silver is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Poor and disrespectful treatment
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mark Silver - Posted on August 24th, 2012
I presented to the ER with torticollis, a very painful recurrent condition I have dealt with since I was 16. I was seen for all of two minutes, then asked what I was normally given, which I answered truthfully. The doctor left, then came back 20 minutes later to tell me that because I had presented at the hospital with a similar problem (mid back muscle spasm most likely related to my condition) that he would not give me the medications usually used to treat my condition (one of which is a schedule 3 painkiller) and would instead be giving me a different medication which I had been put on before and did not work. When I attempted to voice my concern and try to suggest an alternate form of non-scheduled medication he walked away on me and gave me only a two day supply of the ineffective medication. We do have a drug problem in our state so I can understand his hesitancy, but the moment he made the judgement that I could be one of those seeking drugs he had no interest in what I had to say and treated me utterly without respect, despite the fact that I was suffering and have a documented history of this problem. I have never in all my life been treated so poorly at a hospital.
Dr. Silver is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Redington Fairview General Hospital
39 Years Experience
Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Graduated in 1974
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark Silver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Skowhegan, ME.