Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mark A Stacy
Dr. Mark A Stacy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Stacy is affiliated with Novant Health Medical Park Hospital and Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center. Dr. Stacy has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark A Stacy has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mark A Stacy has the following 21 expertise
- Cognition Disorders
- Shy-Drager Syndrome
- Parkinsonian Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson Disease
- Myoclonus (Muscle Twitching)
- Drug-Induced Dyskinesia
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Lewy Body Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Dystonic Disorders
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Multiple System Atrophy
- Huntington Disease
- Tic Disorders
- Movement Disorders
Dr. Mark A Stacy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 9
DR STACY LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE. I MET HIM IN 2010 AT A SEMINAR IN IN SPARTANBURG SC. I WAS COMING OFF AN UNEXPECTED EMINENT DEATH CONSULTATION FROM A MAYO CLI NIC DR IN JACKSONVILLE FL. ALL I CAN SAY IS I AM STILL ALIVE AND KICKING AND DOING BETTER THAN I WAS IN 2010. THANK YOU SO MUCH, DR. MARK ALLEN STACY
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stacy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
St Marys Health Center
Dr. Mark A Stacy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDuke Pain And Palliative Care, 932 Morreene Rd, Durham, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Stacy, MD - Neurology in Durham, NC, in this video.
Dr. Mark A Stacy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.