Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark T Szmanda has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 16
I have seen Dr. Szmanda twice and both times the wait was minimal, the staff was friendly and caring. Dr. Szmanda actually sits down & LISTENS, really listens. He takes every question seriously, he never pushes away the questions as unimportant or says "Oh, I see you've been surfing the internet for answers again." He is never patronizing. He is professional & knowledgable, he CARES about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone seeking answers to a puzzling affliction. I suffered with Peripheral Neuropathy for several years & finally found a Doctor who was able to give me a name for what was becoming a major problem for me. There is no cure, but just knowing what it is helps the mind to accept it. Thank you Dr. Szmanda!
After three years of suffering from severe stabbing, burning pains in my back that went unrelieved following visits from my internal med doc, my chiropractor, an anesthetist, an an orthopedist... I went to Dr. Szmanda. Lo and behold... I found out immediately that I had shingles! Dr. Szmanda was, and continues to be, the most caring and considerate physician that I go to. He always has time to spend with me. He takes my calls. He listens, really listens, to my concerns. Believes what I say, does not discard what I tell him! His staff is always pleasant. The wait is never terrible. It is always clean and nice in the clinic. It is a wonderful experience at Langlade Hospital Clinic when I have to go. It is never "fun" to go to the doctor, by no means, but when I have to go, it is Dr Szmanda that I will always choose to go to. Thank you Doc!
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Mark T Szmanda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mark T Szmanda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Antigo, WI.