Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark D Tieman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Tieman is a needle in a haystack. He is the most caring, passionate Dr. I have ever met. He listens to you and if he cannot help you right there, he will stay a the office until the morning to figure out what is wrong with you. He has great bedside manner and is so down to earth. You can tell that he truly cares about his patients and Is a Doctor for all of the right reasons. Listening to his staff brag about what an amazing boss and person he is-says a lot. Thank you Dr. Tieman for sharing your knowledge with all of us. I am lucky to have you as my doctor. AND.....thank you Staff for being as caring as your boss. It is nice when your not feeling good to be treated the way you should be when you are sick.
Dr. Tieman is a top-notch doctor. He's very knowledgable and caring. He takes time to listen and is very thorough. He helped figure out my diagnosis early enough for me to get life-saving treatment. He is personable and clearly takes a personal interest in his patients' well-being. Office staff is nice and really pleasant. Highly recommend.
After reading the below comment, I can honestly say that is completely untrue. As a patient of Dr. Tieman who I see strictly for primary care, I have never met such an attentive and caring doctor. Who takes the time to know the person as a whole, youll wait an hour, but youll get every second back when your in there with him. I once asked Dr.Tieman about the types of patient he see's and hes truly helping people, people who have been hooked on opioids, he really truly is trying to help, I did alot of research on Suboxone after he told me about and I think that its wonderful that he is treating what News 12 is calling a LI epidemic. No matter where you go, your going to encounter "drug seekers" that's just the world we live in today. But I can tell you, from my experience and from the care I see my loved ones getting from Dr.Tieman, its a relief knowing there are still good people in the world. Also the staff is so friendly and kind, overall it is a wonderful office
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Morristown Medical Center
Dr. Mark D Tieman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMark Daryl Tieman Md, 356 Veterans Memorial Hwy Ste 5, Commack, NY
Dr. Mark D Tieman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Commack, NY.