Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark B Wilkiemeyer has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Mark B Wilkiemeyer has the following 5 expertise
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Mark B Wilkiemeyer has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I went to the ER very sick. After test, scans & ex-rays the ER doctor determined that they needed to call the surgical team and turn me over to them. Shortly thereafter Dr. Wilkemeyer walked in the room and advised me that he'd reviewed my scans, etc and after reviewing, he felt it was necessary to take me in to surgery that same night. He was very nice, extremely gracious, and showed much empathy for the pain I was in. After a 6 day hospitalization I followed up with him in his office. He was very timely, not overbooked (which resulted in me getting in and out) He is very detailed and explained everything in a way that I could understand it. I would highly recommend him as he is great at what he does.
I needed a hernia repaired and Dr. Wilkiemeyer did a great job of explaining the hernia itself, the repair and the recovery. It took about 1.5 weeks from my initial visit to schedule the surgery and we were at the surgery center for about 4 hours total. The recovery was much easier than expected and I was back to work after a couple days. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Wilkiemeyer or return to his practice.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wilkiemeyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Texas Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNorth Atlanta Surgery, 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd Ste 470, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark B Wilkiemeyer in this video.
Dr. Mark B Wilkiemeyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.