Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark A Wyse has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark A Wyse has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mark A Wyse has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
He is never on time. You can be the first patient and you will wait 30 minutes if not more. He doesn't listen to complaints or I should say doesn't want to. He doesn't care what you want. The office charges an administrative fee, but the service you get isn't worth it. Always has med students at this office and when you are in the exam room the two docs act like you don't exist.
Dr. Wyse is nice enough. There are a couple things about him though that I don't like, and for these reasons, will be switching doctors. One is, he talks a ridiculous amount in my appointments about himself. I'm not sure why, I thought the focus of the visit was my issues, not hearing him pontificate about things completely unrelated to the vist. Second thing, he seems more profit driven than customer focused. He requires multiple appointments for non critical issues. His wait time is horrible. It's not unusual to wait a good 1.5 hours to be seen when you have an appt. Most of the patients I see in the lobby look to be older, and I think he may specialize more in geriatrics, and may follow more of a treatment protocol geared to that age group.
On going to his office and haveing him as a doctor has changed my life for the best he is also very good with a slow patitent I take there and doesn't seem to loose control when he gets off track and always has time for whatever the problem and knows when he needs to sent for another opion. Only trouble is he never seems to have the reports from other doctors and don't understand why his office don't get them.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wyse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Mark A Wyse accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Practice Specialists, 4350 E Camelback Rd Ste F100, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Mark A Wyse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.