Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mark J Yarshen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mark J Yarshen has the following 12 expertise
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Skin Care
- Family Planning
Dr. Mark J Yarshen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark J Yarshen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I was Dr. Yarshen'so patient for three years. I would not recommend him at all. He not only misdiagnosed me without doing any tests he prescribed medication that had serious permanent side effects. For another unrelated problem he sent me for tests that were inconclusive for about a year. When I finally went for a second opinion about my ailments I was diagnosed within five minutes and healthy again in less then a week.
I am A typical male, I don't like doctors and have a problem with the power dynamic.. Dr. Yarshin is the first and only doctor I have ever felt comfortable with. He listens and spends time talking! He is not pompous or in a hurry. There would be years between my doctor visits until I found this guy. I may have gone overboard with a touch of hypochondria, he followed up with tests and heard me out. Then he would call to check how I was doing, unheard of! I have heard stories of doctors sending people away without regard for their concerns, he did non of this. I highly recommend this doctor for the timid patient. Or the person who feels they are being summarily dismissed by their current physician.
doesn't explain tests ordered or whyhorrible bedside manner, non existentneeds a crash course on being human
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
15 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Mark J Yarshen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEdward Medical Group, 6701 US Highway 34, Oswego, IL
Dr. Mark J Yarshen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oswego, IL.