Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marla A Mendelson
Dr. Marla A Mendelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mendelson is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Dr. Mendelson has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Marla A Mendelson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marla A Mendelson has the following 19 expertise
- Marfan Syndrome
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Dr. Marla A Mendelson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Mendelson is an incredibly smart person. She has great knowledge with CDH patients, especially during pregnancy. That said, she is a TERRIBLE dr if you are looking for someone who actually cares about patients. She is rude, rolls her eyes, cuts you off while you are answering her questions, and outwardly judges your lifestyle choices. She treated me like I was an ingornat fool until she found out what I did for a living. Now she just treats me like a fool. I highly reccommend sensitivity training for this doctor. She may have medical knowledge, but completely lacks people skills and personality.
Dr. Mendelson was the most uncaring, unsympathetic, rude and unprofessional doctor I've ever been to. I went in for a possible heart problem. She didn't take my medical history and talked over me and rolled her eyes every time I tried to tell her something. She left the room and ordered a bunch of tests for me without telling me why. After she left the room she never came back. After getting the tests she refused to go over my results with me and the nurse would not let me speak with her unless I made a follow up appt. and spent another $500 for her to roll her eyes and ignore me. BTW I called NWH to get the price on a test which they quoted at $300. It ended up being $3500. Avoid this doctor and the hospital, both are overpriced and rude.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mendelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBluhm Cardiovascular Institute Of Northwestern, 675 N Saint Clair St Ste 19, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marla A Mendelson in this video.
Dr. Marla A Mendelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.