Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marsha A Friedrich
Dr. Marsha A Friedrich, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Friedrich is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Marsha A Friedrich has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr.Friedrich is an incredible Doctor! Short story... My husband and I struggled for 3 years to have a child. (We lost two at 19 and 24 weeks. All three pregnancies I went to different doctors) it wasn't until I went to her that actually had a full term baby. She went above and beyond to get me through this pregnancy! My husband and I delivered at 39+1 weeks! I would absolutely recommend her.
I'm not one to typically write reviews. This is my first review of anything ever. I'm writing a review because my experience Dr. Friedrich was so terrible. My wait time was always at least one hour and usually more. She would come in an perform the exam and then leave. All questions were to be directed to the nurse. I was 19 at the time and clueless about sexual health. She did not offer STD testing. I thought a pap smear was all I needed because that's all she offered. I ended up having some abnormal cells and had the front of my cervix cut off. Cryotherapy was not offered, which is a less invasive, in-office procedure. I was terrified of anesthesia having only been to the hospital for stitches up to that point. My pre op paperwork indicated that I might not wake up from anesthesia and that scared me to death. She was aware of my fear and did not care. She said "We'll just give you a little medicine that'll make you go to sleep" like it was no big deal. You cannot eat or drink anything prior to anesthesia which made my anxiety worse. To sum it up, I was so scared I was shaking and wasn't capable of rational thoughts. I went though all of that for an 8 minute procedure, 10 minutes of which Dr. Friederich was present for. She came in, did the surgery and left. My mom was trying to ask her questions which she answered as she walked out of the room. I felt like a paycheck to her, which is increased when you put a patient under and perform surgery instead of cryotherapy. I didn't get second opinions or go to other doctors because I was 19 and felt scared. After my check up was completed I immediately found another doctor who informed me that anesthesia was not necessary. Never would I ever recommend this terrible doctor.
Dr. Friedrich may have too many clients. I have waited for over an hour on several ocassion, so now I leave if I am not seen in an hour. Once I get called to the back to see her, I still sit sometimes for another 20 to 30 minutes. This is very aggragavating to me, considering looking for another OB/GYN! Not happy with the services!
Dr. Friedrich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1982
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Marsha A Friedrich accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates Of Shreveport, 7941 Youree Dr, Shreveport, LA
Dr. Marsha A Friedrich is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.