Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Martha Stark has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Martha Stark has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Martha Stark has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 28
1.Confrontational, felt unsafe 2.Diagnosis- More complex than Dr. S. approached the treatment 3.Not consistent at times attacked primal issues without sensitivity, neglecting the effect that her words and behaviors, could have on further re-traumatization and safety. Careless about actions without thinking about ramifications on the patient, she was seeing at the time and causing significant emotional harm. 4. sometimes fully present other times not. 5. Absolutely not .
Brilliant, compassionate, empathic, patient, always prompt. There truly is nobody like Dr. Stark. She is a diamond in the rough. With her wisdom and expertise, I have been blessed to learn, evolve, take responsibility, heal, and so much more. If you are lucky enough to work with Dr. Stark, she can help you save your own life. She is the very best.
It has taken me years to understand how 'off' my work with Dr Stark was. She missed the most important aspects of my experience as a child, and the environment in which I grew up, and even the impact of the 'therapeutic relationship' with her on me. Thank goodness I have come to understand this, and can begin to undo the damage done to me by my work with her. I would advise staying away from this practitioner. Far, far away.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions3 Ripley St, Newton Center, MA
Dr. Martha Stark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton Center, MA.