The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin Brower
Dr. Martin Brower, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Brower is affiliated with St. Clare's Hospital-Denville, Memorial Sloan-Kettering and Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases New York, Manhattan Borough. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin Brower has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Lung Cancer
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr Brower is a talented physician with a wonderful bedside manner unlike that which I have ever seen. He is interested not only in the treatment, but achieving the best quality of life. My mother, who he treated for lung cancer described him as "the best doctor I ever had."He is well worth any wait time you might encounter.
Dr. Brower is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Clare's Hospital-Denville
Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases New York, Manhattan Borough
Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases
36 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
St Peters Medical Center
Dr. Martin Brower accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMartin Brower, 301 E 22nd St, New York, NY
Dr. Martin Brower is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.