Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin Karasch has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Karasch has been my Dr for over 8 years. He's been with me through marriage, divorce, becoming a Mother, and when my son was diaginosed with Autism. I've been hospitalized twice in that 8 years for depression and 1 suicide attrmpt. THIS MAN CARES!!!!!!! He's not a pill-pusher like many other shrinks - he sincerly listens and helps. AND he remembers my story. During therapy secessions he will often recall something that happened to me 5-6 years ago and help sew together the pieces of my life in order to see patterns - then he offers fresh insight. I can't say enough about this amazing man who helped pull me out of the mire, has given me skills and helps me to live a full, productive and (relatively) drama-free life. As to the patient who says, "this man shouldn't be practicing medicine" (because the patient missed an appointment) - my advise to that patient is: once you stop blaming other's for your irresponsibility, you're depression will get better.
I think Dr. Karasch is amazing,kind and considerate. He actually offers constructiuve thought and support instead of the typical "so how do you feel about that" response. As for the other patient's comment about missing an appointment, I have been to one other psychiatrist and one other therapist and both charged if you missed an appointment.
Dr. Karasch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Coast Medical Center/Adventist Health
42 Years Experience
New York University - Mount Sinai
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Martin Karasch accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions32392 Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA
Dr. Martin Karasch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Beach, CA.