Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Leland III has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Knee Dislocation
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Herniated Disc
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Injuries
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Kneecap Dislocation (Patellar Dislocation)
- Hip Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 40
I had meniscus surgery on a Thursday and was able to return to work on Monday and had full range of motion in less than 2 weeks following his post op instructions. He was patient and answered all my question. His staff is very friendly and caring. Will definitely return for any future joint or muscle issues.
Dr. Leland took the time to explain what options I had. When surgery was decided upon, he explained what he would do and what may happen as a result. I was totally prepared. And when I had further questions, he didn't hesitate to explain and put me at ease about my decisions. He is very professional, courteous and personable. A+ Dr. Leland
My son has a slight fracture in his elbow due to a fall on the playground at school. Dr. Leland recommended a cast for proper healing. The nurse was extremely busy and we were waiting for his cast. Dr. Leland came in and did the cast himself to help out! Was so "wowed" by his patient care and his willingness to help the nurse! Not to mention his interaction was so great my son didn't cry once during the entire experience!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John M Leland III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Hospital Geauga Medical Center, 13207 Ravenna Rd, Chardon, OH
Dr. John M Leland III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chardon, OH.