Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin S Cohen
Dr. Martin S Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with South Miami Hospital. Dr. Cohen has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin S Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Martin S Cohen has the following 14 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Martin S Cohen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
I'd heard horror stories about the staff but was willing to take the chance knowing he had a great reputation as a Dr. Honestly I've been going for over a year now and I've never had a bad experience (knock on wood). They're professional and prompt and I've never felt rushed while seeing him and/or his nurse practitioner (who is very very nice) and I've never had to wait a long time for an apt.
Frist of all Dr. Cohen is a very good doctor. However he is just rude, rude, rude! The receptionist is also rude, too. His RNP is incompetent. She did not finish the examination. Dr. Cohen at one time also did not finish the examination because the technician knocked on the door to ask him a question. His bedside manner is just absolutely horrible! Looks like he was the one who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He made a sarcastic remark about my condition which is very unprofessional.
I saw the Nurse Practicioner more than I saw the doctor. The ARNP sits with you through the whole visit and takes care of you, then (sorry to say) this fool walks in and puts his white coat on like he's Elvis and talks to you for 90 seconds and he's out... And had the nerve to send me a bill!! I don't like to say bad things about doctors but he need to spend more time with his patients and be a doctor.... Real Talk....
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Jackson Health System
Dr. Martin S Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMartin S Cohen Md Pa, 7800 SW 87th Ave Ste 130A, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Martin S Cohen in this video.
Dr. Martin S Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.