Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marvin Appel has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
It's bad enough to be hospitalized with dangerous arrhythmias, but to have this man in charge of my treatment was very disturbing. Thankfully, I didn't have to see him again once I was discharged from the hospital and could continue with my very fine cardiologist and electro-physiologist in Long Beach.
Dr Appel is from the old school way of thinking. It seems he goes by the book but the book is probably 50 years old. It takes forever to get an appointment and in a emergency it still takes forever. I've asked his staff to call me back and they never do. The hours they are in the office conflict with when I can see him. Lunch 11-2pm? Staff isn't very friendly and seem to run late all the time. If you want an old school perspective, he probably is ok to see. He is nice enough, but doesn't seem have new modern suggestions.
42 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Lac Usc Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsMarvin Appel Md, 5455 Garden Grove Blvd Ste 100, Westminster, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marvin Appel in this video.
Dr. Marvin Appel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westminster, CA.