Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary E Curtiss
Dr. Mary E Curtiss, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bristol, TN, with another office in Marion, VA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Otolaryngology. Dr. Curtiss is affiliated with Smyth County Community Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Mary E Curtiss has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Mary E Curtiss has the following 9 expertise
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary E Curtiss - Posted on November 18th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary E Curtiss - Posted on August 30th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary E Curtiss - Posted on August 6th, 2014
Dr. Curtiss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Mary E Curtiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary E Curtiss is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bristol, TN.