Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary T Self
Dr. Mary T Self, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with another office in Louisville, KY. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Self is affiliated with Jewish Hospital Shelbyville. Dr. Self has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary T Self has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 57
I've been seeing dr. self for about 16 years. She stays up to date with medical research. She offers new therapies with the pros and cons as they would apply to me. As a nurse, I very much appreciate the education she offers. Over and above these qualities, she is personable and compassionate with me.
Dr Self has taken care of me for years, after my thyroid cancer. She is so thorough, and succinct, which I appreciate. She has a unique style of educating you about your disease. She takes out pen and paper says "I'm going to be your secretary" and details in a very easy to understand way exactly what she is telling you, on every visit (I don't have to try to keep it straight) She stays current, and after attending the World Conference on Thyroid Cancer shared new research with me.
I went to this practice for years, although I personally liked Dr. Self the practice seemed to be unorganized. For each appointment Dr. Self ran at least 45 minutes behind. The last visit and the last straw was when I was asked to sit outside the examining room because they were running behind, the staff must not have been notified that I was sitting there because they were discussing my information and said bad things about me. I have never been treated so poorly at a medical facility in my life. Dr. Self was completely unapologetic. Steer clear of this practice.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Dr. Self is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
University Louisville Hospital
Dr. Mary T Self accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary T Self in this video.
Dr. Mary T Self is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Louisville, KY.