Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Matheena R Akhtar has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Matheena R Akhtar has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 3 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matheena R Akhtar - Posted on November 2nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matheena R Akhtar - Posted on July 20th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matheena R Akhtar - Posted on December 11th, 2014
Dr. Akhtar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Matheena R Akhtar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Matheena R Akhtar
Dr. Akhtar was raised in a culture in which young girls pursued higher education to help their community, not to earn a living. As a very young child, Dr. Akhtar wanted to provide valuable humanitarian service to her community that would reward her with intellectual and personal fulfillment. She found that perfect fit in medicine, taking care of children. She completed programs at Vanita Maha Urdhyaleya, Osmania Medical College and Nlofer Children’s Hospital in India. Her dedication to learning won her the Indian Council’s Research Gold Medal in biochemistry and physiology. Dr. Akhtar appreciates being part of a team, and Meridian Medical Associates offered a caring and compassionate group of individuals that shared her goal of tending to children. She enjoys the diversity of her practice, from the little ones to college-bound kids. She builds relationships with her patients and their parents while offering advice and support. Dr. Akhtar’s husband, Rasheed, is a physician as well. They are the proud parents of a son and daughter, both young adults. In addition to children, Dr. Akhtar has a passion for cooking, sewing and reading in her free time. Dr. Akhtar reminds parents to really listen to their children, in an unrushed and attentive manner. She enjoyed being able to be a kid all over again as a parent, and encourages other parents to do the same. She believes that good health is a lifelong pursuit and health in later life is often predicated by behavior and interventions earlier in life. Preventative care in children is an opportunity - even an obligation - to address problems early in a person’s life. This is not only to ward off a later condition, but to give children the best chance at a fully productive life. Dr. Akhtar is board-certified in pediatric medicine.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matheena R Akhtar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Joliet, IL.