Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew M Buchanan
Dr. Matthew M Buchanan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chattanooga, TN, with another office in Falls Church, VA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Buchanan is affiliated with Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest, Inova Mount Vernon Hospital and Inova Alexandria Hospital. Dr. Buchanan has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew M Buchanan has the following 2 specialties
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Matthew M Buchanan has the following 8 expertise
- Diabetic Foot
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Matthew M Buchanan has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Buchanan is an excellent surgeon. He sincerely shows care for his patients and explains several options before rushing into any procedure. He worked with me for about a year on my ankle injury before recommending surgery. The surgery was very extensive and has healed nicely. He is a very busy doctor but always took enough time to answer any questions or concerns I had. I would definitely go back to him for any future issues.
After a long wait Dr. Buchanan seemed in a hurry. He did not show or explain X-rays of my broken foot. Dr. Buchanan did not offer a smaller boot, and flatly refused pain medicine to control my pain, but told me to take Tylenol. My new podiatrist addressed all issues, and took her time to show/explain my X-rays, give me a more comfortable boot, and make sure I was not in pain. Dr. Buchanan may be a good surgeon, but go elsewhere if you have something less profitable. To be fair there are other physicians in this group who I would highly recommend, but not Dr. Buchanan.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Buchanan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Matthew M Buchanan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew M Buchanan in this video.
Dr. Matthew M Buchanan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.