Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew C Mccormack has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Matthew C Mccormack has the following 7 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
Dr. Matthew C Mccormack has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Matthew C Mccormack is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
My husband had a consult for a vasectomy. At this appointment Dr. McCormack discussed my birth control options with my husband and suggested an iud for me. Obviously if that were an option my husband wouldn't be in his office. Also, to discuss this with out me present seems a little ridiculous. I am not his patient and last I checked he is not an ob/gyn. On the day of the vasectomy the doctor would not meet with me to answer questions. They also wouldn't let me back into the room. What is there to hide? After the procedure the nurse finally told us what to expect. She told us that my husband could not lift anything for a week. In the preoperative paperwork it said no lifting for two days. Thanks for telling us this after the procedure is completed when I have a scheduled surgery and cannot be lifting myself. The doctors bedside manner is horrible. I also asked how likely it is that the procedure fails. Again the nurse had to answer this. Her response was because men do not take the time to make sure their samples are cleared. She claims they never fail. From my own research, 5-7 years is the most common time for failure. Again it would be nice to clarify with the doctor! Doctors offices who are quick to collect the cash with out taking the time to discuss the procedure first seem to be hiding something. Although the nurse was nice, my questions are still unanswered.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mccormack is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Matthew C Mccormack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN BIEN Northern NV Plan HMO
- Health Plan of NV HMO Northern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUrology Nevada Care Center South, 699 Sierra Rose Dr Ste A, Reno, NV
Dr. Matthew C Mccormack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.