Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maureen W Watts has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Maureen W Watts has the following 16 expertise
- Facial Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Migraine Disorders
- Hemifacial Spasm
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Muscle Spasticity
Dr. Maureen W Watts has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
When I first saw Dr. Watts, I was having migraines every day. She was able to get me down to about 4 or 5 a month. I have been using her for 11 years and am so thankful to have found her. I drive an hour (one way) to each visit, now only once a year. I have recommended her to my Mom, with similar results. Her staff is also excellent.
I have suffered from migraine headaches for decades. As I moved around the country I have been treated by several specialists and found Dr Watts by far to be the easiest to talk with, the most knowledgeable and skilled, and to offer the most effective treatment. Her clinic is very well run, with everyone there always very helpful and compassionate. If you live in the Dallas area and suffer from headaches, I would highly recommend her.
33 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Maureen W Watts accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsHeadache Center, 9101 N Central Expy Ste 400, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maureen W Watts in this video.
Dr. Maureen W Watts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.