Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maylene I Peralta has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maylene I Peralta has the following 7 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Lipid Disorders
Dr. Maylene I Peralta has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
this is the first time a doctor listened to me about my diabetes From the day i was diagnosed, i KNEW, don't know how but i knew i was type 1. All the doctors i saw INSISTED i was type 2. The first time i saw dr. perralta, I told her i felt i was type 1, and she IMMEDIATELY sent me for a test and a week later called me and told me i was most certainy type 1.
Dr. Peralta has a very kind bedside manner she makes me feel at ease she takes as much time as it takes to make sure I comprehend all the information she gives me. I do trust her expertise and her recommendations, even more important she makes sure I am comfortable with them I have a positive experience at every visit. I leave feeling relived and confident.
I love Dr. Peralta, but her care decreases when you have minimal health insurance coverage. I have been prescribed insulin, but no follow-up, and when medication options run out, so does the patient. I do not like the majority of her office staff. I feel like I am an inconvenience when I call for help. Diabetes does not just begin and end with medication. There is such a need for counseling with the diabetic. If there is support and help with motivation, then there is success.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Maylene I Peralta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Maine Endocrinology And Diabetes Center, 287 Main St Ste 301, Lewiston, ME
Dr. Maylene I Peralta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewiston, ME.