Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Megan M Mccauley has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Megan M Mccauley has the following 16 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Megan M Mccauley has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
I have called Dr McCauley's office and the nurse got back with me saying she would contact Dr McCauley. It took 3 weeks for them to get back to me. She doesn't care how the patient feels just goes by numbers and not willing to try other options. Does not go over ultra sounds or blood work with the patient. I'm not trying to get any narcotics I'm just trying to get treated for my thyroid. Not going back to this doctor.
Dr McCauley is a great Endocrinologist. She was very thorough and took all the time I needed. She explained everything very well and helped me understand everything that's going on with my diabetes. She and her staff are very kind and welcoming. The wait time was short both in the lobby and exam room.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Megan M Mccauley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSumner Station Family Wellness, 225 Big Station Camp Blvd Ste 206, Gallatin, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Megan M Mccauley in this video.
Dr. Megan M Mccauley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gallatin, TN.