Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meghana S Dandekar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I've had nothing but excellent experience with any doctor I've ever seen with ARC. Dr. Dandekar does not listen to her patience needs and at times is rude. I went to see her about an on going issue with severe headaches. this pass weekend i had been in two different ER's for pain. I was able to get in to see her on a Monday. I told her about my pain and visit to the ER. She REFUSED to get a scan on my head. I wanted to put my wife on a conference call so she could hear her reasons for not wanting to get a scan and she said "NO, I couldn't put my wife on speaker phone." she finally agreed to get a scan done but on my stomach. I would NOT recommend this doctor.
We've seen Dr. Dandekar four times over the last two years for same day appointments when we were not able to see our regular doctor. This doctor has failed to diagnose three different ear infections and one sinus infection for my daughter. She depends solely on her physical findings (pressing on the face to see if it hurts) and fails to review the patient history in the chart. My daughter has recurrent ear infections that normally occur without fever. This doctor will not treat for an ear infection without the patient experiencing a fever regardless if the child is complaining of ear pain. Our experience is we have to see another doctor within a week of seeing Dr. Dandekar for her failure to treat.
Dr. Dandekar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Mclennan County Medical Ed Res Fn
Dr. Meghana S Dandekar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Regional Clinic Urgent Care, 801 E Whitestone Blvd, Cedar Park, TX
Dr. Meghana S Dandekar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Park, TX.