Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melvyn P Karp
Dr. Melvyn P Karp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coral Gables, FL, with another office in West Palm Beach, FL. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Karp is affiliated with Bethesda Heart Hospital and Delray Medical Center. Dr. Karp has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Melvyn P Karp has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Laser Surgery
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Karp treated our young daughter like an adult. Before exams and tests, he made sure to speak with her and find out what was happening and how she was receiving the information. He chose to sit on the bed next to her, and he explained what he was going to do prior to beginning. He opts to not wear scrubs and white lab coats in order to not 'worry' a child. When five medical professionals said it wasn't what it wound up being, Dr Karp ordered an additional test as he knew something wasn't right. We are so grateful he left no rock unturned. Our daughter had surgery, and has since had her post-op. When I told her I was going to give Dr Karp a review of up to five stars, she said, "Oh! Definitely give him give stars!"
Dr. Karp was Professional, courteous, and very patient with my family. He explained all of our alternatives and then recommended the appropriate action. On the day of surgery he was nurturing with my child and put him at ease. Dr. Karp got our family through this ordeal without any setbacks and I would highly recommend him to anyone that wants the best for their child!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Karp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Melvyn P Karp accepts the following insurance providers.
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melvyn P Karp in this video.
Dr. Melvyn P Karp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coral Gables, FL.