Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael A Johnson has the following 11 expertise
- Endocrine Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Michael A Johnson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
This doctor was on call when my doctor was off. When I needed cough medication which my doctor prescribes when needed, Dr Johnson would not prescribe it for me without a fight, even though he had my charts and could see what my doctor had previously done. Because of the long delay, I am afraid it will turn into bronchitis.
I have been with Dr. Johnson for many years now..hes always there when I need him..hes understanding and caring about his patients..I would HIGHLY recommend him. His bedside manners are great. he takes the time to listen and his staff is wonderful..they make you feel relaxed if that's sometime possiable..
28 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Michael A Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Associates, 3916 N Intertech Ct Ste A, Appleton, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Johnson in this video.
Dr. Michael A Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Appleton, WI.