Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael H Campanella
Dr. Michael H Campanella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with another office in Staten Island, NY. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Campanella is affiliated with Richmond University Medical Center. Dr. Campanella has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael H Campanella has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael H Campanella has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Michael H Campanella has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 55
Originally switched to Campanella from Herzog, because I found him very grounded, compassionate and without a sales pitch like Herzog. However, I am now pregnant in my second trimester and considering another doctor. The wait time is excruciating at 1.5 hr minimum every time I visit. The dr then spends 10-12 minutes with me, seeming disengaged and giving short answers to my questions. I could handle the wait if I received the service in return. Ultrasounds are quick checking vitals and moving on. Unsure if I keep catching him on a bad day, but he just doesn't seem to be the same dr used to see. Considering switching.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Campanella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 2003
New York Medical College
Dr. Michael H Campanella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael H Campanella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.