Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael E Higgins
Dr. Michael E Higgins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hampton, VA, with another office in Williamsburg, VA. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Higgins is affiliated with Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital and Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex. Dr. Higgins has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael E Higgins has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael E Higgins has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Michael E Higgins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael E Higgins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Pleasant well mannered..yes...That doesn't matter so much because I went into surgery walking and now 5 months later can't get up and downstairs. Can hardly bend my knee. Totally ruined my quality of life. You call about an issue no return phone calls. He was recommended to me by a fellow healthcare provider and me myself NO WAY would I send anyone to him. Being nice is one thing but if you want to walk again.....find someone else. He's not very confident once you show you are knowledgeable. He dropped the ball on me and I can never work in my field again.
Listening skills and accuracy in surgery are POOR. Bedside manners and follow up visits are POOR. I have a TRAGIC outcome to my surgery, one that can NOT be adjusted. I have to live with this horrible outcome! Yet, despite MY outcome HE continues to regularly and ON time send bills for His money but NOT so dedicated with me personally!
Dr. Higgins was marvelous! I liked his straight forward manner in explaining everything. His follow up after my surgery was wonderful. I highly reccommend him to anyone. He's the best!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Higgins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Michael E Higgins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael E Higgins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hampton, VA.