Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Horwath
Dr. Michael J Horwath, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reston, VA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Horwath is affiliated with Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Dr. Horwath has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Horwath has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Horwath has the following 10 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Dr. Michael J Horwath has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
This Dr. is the best we ever had.He talks WITH us ...not AT us.Always wants to explain conditions and make sure we were comfortable with them.Always decides on the correct testing that is needed.Never is in a hurry to get us out of his office...always takes the time needed...which is the important for every patient...like us.
I love Dr. Horwath just wish he would slow down during visits. Leaves you feeling rushed, hurried and wondering if he left something out. Would be awesome if receptionists would greet you with a smile and a hello and make you feel welcome there when you walk in. When I call the office the staff is much more pleasant. Good doctor just needs to stop and smell the roses. Worry about him being in such a rush. He is a super guy!
While it is true that he stays up on current research, he doesn't seem to want to believe anything not pushed by a drug company. He does not really understand how diet works in people with diabetes, and will argue with you about it (even when you are getting results not seen with his advice). That said, he doesn't play games and will not sugar coat what he believes to be the truth, and I appreciate his honesty. Just need a doc who can think outside the prescription bottle!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Horwath is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1983
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Michael J Horwath accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael Jospeh Horwath Md, 11901 Baron Cameron Ave, Reston, VA
Dr. Michael J Horwath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reston, VA.