Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael I Sobel has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Sobel has good bedside manner. He is very nice. However, after spending or shall I say wasting 1.5 years under his care I have come to realize a few things about him. He has a big goofy smile that can make you feel at ease but his competency level is seriously lacking. I had two complete IVF failures under him. My embryos never made to transfer. MY second IVF worst then first no fertilization of 20 eggs. The first time had 10 eggs fertilized. Then he tells me that the problem is my eggs rather then admitting the problem was his protocol . He commented I may need donor eggs. Then a few weeks later he calls me all happy saying he talked it over with his staff and they created a new protocol for me. When we challenged him that his new protocol did nothing to address the egg quality issue is when we realized he is nothing but a used car salesman. He just wanted another 12000 from us. Then we went to doctor Glasser on main line. He called the protocol from the 2nd IVF a disaster and said no donor eggs needed. We immediately went into a IVF round with him. Now I am 21 weeks pregnant. Not until I dealt with a real competent doctor did u truly understand the clown show that Abington's practice is. Save your time and money stay away!
I can't speak of his success rate but I found Dr. Sobel to be very easy to talk to and really listened to what I had to say. I am very much aware of my fertility issues and had been working with a reproductive OBGYN before seeing him. He took the time to talk to me about my past experiences and was very thorough in his diagnosis. Unfortunately would health insurance won't pay for reproductive endocrinology so I've had to stop seeing him until I exhaust my options with the OBGYN, which my insurance will pay for.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
Kansas City University Of Medicine And Biosciences
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Michael I Sobel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAbington Reproductive Medicine, 1245 Highland Ave Ste 404, Abington, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael I Sobel in this video.
Dr. Michael I Sobel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abington, PA.