Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Christie
Dr. Michael J Christie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Christie is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. Dr. Christie has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Christie has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael J Christie has the following 17 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Michael J Christie has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Christie is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 63
Wonderful experience. Dr. Christie explains the process thoroughly and takes the time needed to answer questions or concerns. He is quietly confident and compassionate and a 1st rate physician. His practice is a busy one and I waited a month for an initial appointment, but he's the best !
This is the most professional medical facility I have ever visited. I had to wait about 3 months to get an appointment, but I am so glad that I waited. The staff treated me so nice and when Dr. Christie came to my room he had looked at my records and the x-rays, etc., and was prepared to discuss my case with me. He took pains to explain things to me and see if I had any questions regarding my knee problems, all of which were very much appreciated.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Christie and everyone in the practice. I felt respected, heard and cared for. Dr. Christie is the surgeon who was recommended to me by friend after friend as the best man for the job to replace my hip. All of my follow up care by his Physical Therapy Staff was incredible. I received therapy from several of the PT staff and everyone of them was pleasant and encouraging as well as able to assess my progress and help me get back to a normal life. I would recommend that anyone who needs a hip replacement search no further. These are the best people one could ever hope to help you.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Christie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Michael J Christie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Joint Replacement Institute, 2400 Patterson St Ste 100, Nashville, TN
Dr. Michael J Christie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.