Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael M Gottlieb has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Michael M Gottlieb has the following 5 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gallbladder Diseases
Dr. Michael M Gottlieb has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael M Gottlieb is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My great experience started with Dr. Gottlieb's Administrative Assistant, Sue. She was wonderful over the phone to set up my appointment, informed me how to download the necessary forms I would need to fill out and bring to my visit and just so easy to talk to. When I arrived, I was greeted by Sue who checked me in very quickly and we had a nice conversation while waiting for the doctor to finish with another patient. I am always nervous about seeing a new doctor, but Dr. Gottlieb made me feel comfortable and provided information to me about what I was going thru in a manner that I was able to understand. I highly recommend his office to anyone.
I was extremely ill when I was referred to Dr. Gottlieb and required IV feeding for 17 days prior to the surgery. During my recovery both in and out of the hospital Dr. Gottlieb spent as much time with my wife and as as we required. He always was interested and prepared. Sue in his office was exceptional. He was instrumental in returning my quality of life. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone.
Dr. Gottlieb is an exceptional surgeon in that not only are his clinical skills excellent he must have aced that "bedside manner" course in medical school. He spends as much time as needed in order for you to understand your diagnosis and his plan for treatment. Very kind, professional, and thorough. Is not often you find a surgeon with such a caring and patient manner. He's a gem.
This was my first visit with Dr Gottlieb. He spent a long time with me going over my past records, took me through my CT scans slide by slide, went over my diet, and thoroughly explained my condition and options to me. I have never been to a physician so courteous, patient and caring. I strongly recommend Dr. Gottlieb to anyone. He was simply fantastic.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1989
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Michael M Gottlieb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Muir Health, 1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120, Danville, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael M Gottlieb in this video.
Dr. Michael M Gottlieb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, CA.