Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael T Mcdermott
Dr. Michael T Mcdermott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, CO. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcdermott is affiliated with University of Colorado Hospital. Dr. Mcdermott has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael T Mcdermott has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
If you have complex health issues, like I have (pancreatic neuroendocrine cx), this is the physician you want to treat you! He makes the complex seem simple and always make me feel better about my health issues. He's just a good guy who really cares about his patients. Would highly recommend him to anyone!!!
Two previous doctors had recommended removal of my thyroid for treatment of Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Dr. McDermott saved me from unnecessary surgery. Since I live out of town, I loved being able to contact him via email for questions, test results, etc. He is, by far, the best physician I have ever had, regardless of specialty. Highly recommend.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mcdermott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Michael T Mcdermott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEndocrinology Diabetes Metabolism Anschutz, 1635 Aurora Ct Fl 6, Aurora, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael T Mcdermott in this video.
Dr. Michael T Mcdermott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.