Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Muise MD
Dr. Michael J Muise has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael J Muise has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michael J Muise is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael J Muise - Posted on September 7th, 2017
Dr. Muise was an excellent listener as I explained the huge list of medical histories my grandmother has. He listened to me and then spoke directly to her to confirm stuff and have her explain in her own words. Although he was running a little late for our appointment, he did not rush us at all once we were in the exam room. I would bring any member of my family to see him. You can tell he really cares about his patients. (And now my grandmother dresses up to go see him.)
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michael J Muise Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
More about Dr. Michael J Muise
As a board-certified family practice physician, Dr. Muise provides comprehensive health care to all members of the family. He completed his residency at University of Illinois Chicago College of Medicine-Rockford, Swedish American Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident and was also named Resident of the Year. He received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford. "Each patient is unique. My approach is to customize treatment for each patient, and instead of just treating each specific illness, to understand and treat the whole person," says Dr. Muise. To make an appointment with Dr. Muise, please call Monroe Clinic-Freeport at 815-235-1406.
Locations & DirectionsMONROE CLINIC OF FREEPORT, 1301 Kiwanis Dr, Freeport, IL
Dr. Michael J Muise is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Freeport, IL.