Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Nabity
Dr. Michael R Nabity, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Nabity is affiliated with Childrens Hospital And Medical Center, Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Chi Health Immanuel Medical Center. Dr. Nabity has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Nabity has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
What is most memorable is that he said "Even Sumo wrestlers have a special diet." in talking to me about my weight. I know I'm fat, you would be a lousy Dr. to not discuss it with me, but a Sumo wrestler, rude! He also did not do an internal exam during my pelvic that day. I'm sure that was because of my weight. Never again, and talking with another friend she said she had a similar experience with him. This time he asked her if she was on a "special diet". She said no. His response, you must be to have gained that much weight! By his comments he was the catalyst to having two women refuse to want or to go to any GYN ever again. How's that for preventative medicine.
I strive to help patients achieve maximal happiness, health and fitness. I try to give a positive and sometimes provocative message of the simple steps to better health. I work constantly to modify and enhance communication with my patients. The point I was trying to make was obviously poorly communicated by me. I apologize and intended no trauma or disrespect and have deleted those references as means to make a point.
Some waiting time is expected at the doctors office. However, 40-60 minutes past an appointment time is excessive. This not convenient for those of us who work. Dr. Nabity is clearly overbooked as he seems quite distracted and confused at every appointment. I would not recommend this office unless you have plenty of free time to wait for a doctor who has no idea who you are and why you are there. Another bonus, the last time I had to call for my test results the staff member who returned my call flat out told me she didn't know what my results meant.
Dr. Nabity is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Michael R Nabity accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates In Womens Health Llc, 17001 Lakeside Hills Plz Ste 100, Omaha, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Nabity in this video.
Dr. Michael R Nabity is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Omaha, NE.