Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael J Pelekanos
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monroeville, PA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Pelekanos is affiliated with Forbes Hospital. Dr. Pelekanos has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos has the following 16 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
This was the worst doctor's appointment that I have ever had. After waiting over an hour past my appointment time, he came into the room without knocking, didn't say hello or introduce himself (this was my first time seeing him). The exam was painful and made me feel uncomfortable. He didn't explain anything that was going on. He was rude while talking to me and didn't make me feel at ease at all. He barely even said he was finished before leaving. The worst part was that I bled for two days after the exam, which shouldn't have caused any bleeding at all. I would never go back.
Dr pelekanos delivered my baby which was a pleasant experience. He makes a great OB doc but a horrible GYN. Unfortunately he had to do a hysterectomy on me and cauterized my cervix too much which lead me to getting a horrible infection, necrosis of my cervix and hemorrhaging. He would not listen to me when I told him something was wrong repeatedly. He told me that I needed to trust him because he was doing this longer than i was alive. He had to go back operate on me a second time due to his mistakes after the first surgery. I do not trust this doctor no longer.
I have been a patient of Dr. Pelekanos's for 25 years. He is a top notch surgeon hits the nail on the head, treats me like a lady, answers all questions, is concerned with my health in a caring and professional matter. I trust his judgement 100% as I put my life in his hands. His office staff is wonderful
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Pelekanos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Suburban Ob/Gyn Associates, 2580 Haymaker Rd Ste 201, Monroeville, PA
Dr. Michael J Pelekanos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.