Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Ritchey has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Failure
- Neurogenic Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Neural Tube Defects
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Rhabdoid Tumor
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Wilms Tumor
- Undescended Testis (Cryptorchidism)
Showing 5 of 9
This Dr. did a circumcision on my 3-1/2 year old son whom we adopted. It went fine, and he did a torsion repair while he was there, which we would not have known was a thing that needed a bit of attention, except that we came in for the circumcision. Looks good, healed nicely. I would say, Doc went a little fast with the info for me personally in the initial visit, but I guess that's cuz he does his job daily. He did a good job though.
In my opinion, the rating scale here does not accurately cover what would be evaluated when seeking a surgeon for your child's care. The most important criterion to me is whether he is a skilled surgeon who can perform surgery with expertise. We have two sons who both have needed kidney surgery. We are not local to Phoenix, and our older son did not have his first surgery by Dr. Ritchey. After seeking additional opinions, we selected Dr. Ritchey to perform the next surgery, even though it meant quite a drive. Dr. Ritchey successfully fixed our older son's kidney problem. He also operated on our second son at 1 week of age, and successfully fixed his kidney issue. We have utmost confidence in him, and gladly would (and do!) recommend him to anyone in need of a pediatric urologist.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1979
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Michael L Ritchey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Urology Associates, 1920 E Cambridge Ave Ste 302, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Michael L Ritchey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.