Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Rowland
Dr. Michael J Rowland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rowland is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Rowland has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Rowland has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Rowland has the following 13 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Dr. Michael J Rowland has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 46
The only negative I would have to say is I waited a long time in the waiting room. An hour past my appointment time however, Dr. Rowland was worth the wait. He spent a lot of time with me and my concerns and I did not feel rushed. I am sure this is why he was running behind is he takes his time with his patients. Just make sure you schedule your appointment where there is not rush in you getting somewhere and bring a book to read.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rowland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Michael J Rowland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrookwood Diabetes Care, 513 Brookwood Blvd Ste 400, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Rowland in this video.
Dr. Michael J Rowland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.