Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael W Shifflett
Dr. Michael W Shifflett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Napa, CA, with another office in Saint Helena, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Shifflett is affiliated with Queen of the Valley Medical Center and St Helena Hospital Napa Valley. Dr. Shifflett has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael W Shifflett has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I had a total right hip replacement.I'm in my 50's over weight and out of shape. Before my surgery I interviewed yes interviewed 3 doctors from 3 different medical groups. Keeping in mind which hospitals the doctors were affiliated with. I picked Dr.Shifflet and had my surgery at Queen of the Valley in Napa. I made the right choice. I have received OUTSTANDING care before,during and after my surgery.I bounced back pretty fast too. Note that Everybody is different. If you have a choice to choose a doctor for your surgery,I suggest you have 3 consults with 3 different doctors. Arm your self with knowledge before your appointments. YOU decide. It's your body! I'm so blessed to have had that opportunity instead of having my insurance company choose the doctor for me. I made the right choice!
Dr Shifflett was amazing in treating my condition and I loved him so much I recommended a close friend for knee surgery!!!!! Great experience
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shifflett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Michael W Shifflett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael W Shifflett in this video.
Dr. Michael W Shifflett is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Napa, CA.