Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Towarnicky
Dr. Michael R Towarnicky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, NC, with another office in Pollocksville, NC. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Towarnicky is affiliated with CarolinaEast Medical Center. Dr. Towarnicky has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Towarnicky has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He was referred by a friend 2 years ago. I really liked his knowledge and his concern for my health. Unfortunately in the last few months the practice opened another location in Jacksonville, NC and business must be so great that he is overwhelmed. He has prescribed two blood pressure medications for me that I have had an allergic reaction (not being able to breathe) to in the past and expects me to take them again just because his office no longer does prior authorizations for prescriptions. He said he had sent one in but then sends a letter to me two days later saying they no longer do it. The insurance company has now sent him the authorization for his signature and let us see how long it takes for his response.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Towarnicky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Riverside Methodist Hospital
Dr. Michael R Towarnicky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael R Towarnicky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, NC.