Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michele J Kastelein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michele J Kastelein has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
When I went to see Michele Kastelein, I was showing textbook symptoms of a disease. It was supposed to be a simple diagnosis, googling the symptoms is enough. I told her what disease I had as soon as she entered the examination room. She asked irrelevant questions and refused to acknowledge the disease. She did not offer an alternative diagnosis, did not test me for the disease or did not refer me to another doctor who can make the diagnosis. She dissed me with a medicine to keep the symptoms under control and told me to come back in 2 weeks if the symptoms persisted. The disease progressed and spread during the two weeks and the symptoms became unbearable even with the medication. I had to visit another GP, who correctly diagnosed me and now I recovered after couple weeks of treatment. I was 100% right with the diagnosis from the very beginning. Michele Kastelein made me suffer for 2 weeks due to her incompetence and lack of knowledge. I absolutely do not recommend Michele Kastelein.
Exceptionally rude, dismissive of patient's concerns. Poor listener, kept giving excuses and her rationale which was irrelevant to the question voiced. Spoke in a very condescending manner, and it was evident she was in a hurry to finish up, even though it had only been 10 out of the 20 allotted minutes for the appointment. When I explained my symptoms and concerns, she first stated, "clinically and medically, there is nothing wrong," but then later admitted that there may be something abnormal. What a nightmare.
She is too wrapped up in her own bad day to listen to why you have come to see her, and instead casts judgement on you and your health issues with a dismissive tone.Dr. Kastelein is the rudest doctor I have ever met. Truly unprofessional. The female incarnate of Dr. Gregory House without the clever wit and penetrating insight.
Dr. Michele J Kastelein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVaden Health Center At Stanford University, 866 Campus Dr, Stanford, CA
Dr. Michele J Kastelein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.