Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michele R Smadja-Gordon has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michele R Smadja-Gordon has the following 10 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 33
This doctors manner is not welcoming but that is not why I left this practice. I left because a receptionist accused me of lying when I informed her I had sent an online request for refills to the practice. She said to me"Well that the first time I've heard that one." I wondered if she thought I was lying because I am African American then I thought she was rude to me because she felt I didn't deserve to receive civil behavior from her.
I chose to see Doctor Smadja-Gordon because she is in the same practice as my PCP. I saw the negative reviews but did not heed their warnings. My bad. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a man of if it's something else but she was short, arrogant and difficult to get accurate information both at the appointment and afterwards when trying to get clarification of prescribed medications.
After relocating from NYC recently, I made an appointment with Dr Smadja-Gordon on recommendation of my cousin. I found her to be educated, well spoken, professional, thorough, thoughtful in reading my previous chart and new test results in order to confirm the need for thyroid surgery at this time. She answered all of my questions without hesitation. She reminds me very much of my Endochronologist in Manhattan. I do not expect my doctors to be warm & fuzzy or my friend, having said that I thought she was impeccable. I am very comfortable in her care and would recommend her without concern.
Not very thorough, and added a medication that my insurance would not cover. The medication was $1000. Moreover, she Is a little condescending.
I have been under care of Dr. Smadja Gordon for several years now with NO improvement or hopes of exploring root causes of my thyroid condition, She will ONLY continue to prescribe you medication and will not order comprehensive lab work (which is critical for understanding the thyroid) and will dismiss any symptoms you are having even while on the Rx she is prescribing. She does NOT even CONSIDER the holistic affect the thyroid can have in other health problems, i.e. gut health and anemia and women's health. Synthroid is NOT helping with my Hashimoto's hypothryroidism and Dr. Smadja Gordon is not interested in exploring lifestyle and diet changes to address and reverse hypothyroidism. DO NOT BY ANY MEANS SEE THIS DOCTOR. If you want to pop a pill for the rest of your life and continue to feel worse, she's the doc for you. Synthroid contains gluten, and gluten is proven to cause issues in people with Hashimoto's, Dr. Smadja-Gordon did not even explore a conversation with me about diet and the thyroid. She is a barbarian and should NOT be practicing medicine. Period. You are better off on you own.
Dr. Smadja-Gordon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Agnes Hospital Baltimore
Dr. Michele R Smadja-Gordon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTitus C Abraham MD LLC, 116 Defense Hwy Ste 400, Annapolis, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michele R Smadja-Gordon in this video.
Dr. Michele R Smadja-Gordon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.