Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle A Huggins has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michelle A Huggins has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 41
Dr Huggins has been my primary physician for 8 years. Her professionalism and mannerisms speaks for itself. Her staff, I love them to death especially, Laurie. I was deeply saddened that she closed her practice, however. .. I'm super excited that she's back in business. Thanks Dr. Huggins for being such a great listener, advice giver and just a flat out awesome Dr.
I have been a patient of Dr. Huggins for years even when I moved back to Alabama I continued to use Dr. Huggins. She was always courteous and patient. She will take her time to assess your medical needs. The staff always apologized for any delays and always called me with the results of any lab work. I have sent her several more patients and they love her services.
I have been a patient for over 3 years. The physician and her staff are kind and very informative. The wait time has often been over 1-2 hours but its worth the wait. I always arrive early and don't schedule anything right after my visit (she may have a patient emergency at the office which will delay all appointments). Due to a health issue, I was seen in the office immediatly as an emergency and did not have an appointment. I respect a physician that makes emergency situations a priority. This is a great Physician. She tells me the exact truth about my health and wellness ( it may not be what I want to Hear but she is honest).
Dr. Huggins is very thorough and professional. She and her staff are very courteous and helpful. The big drawback is the office hardly ever opens on time.....She's too good a doctor not to have staff who open the office as indicated on the business hours. Also, when you call, you're usually put on hold for too long a period of time.
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Dr. Michelle A Huggins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michelle A Huggins in this video.
Dr. Michelle A Huggins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Douglasville, GA.