Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle C Scanlan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Scanlan is a great Dr. She is serious and through and I love her staff. I came to her with serious complication in my health. I have been her patient for more than 7 years. I am 54 and have never been in better health since I was in my 30âs. She worked hard to get me to where I am. Trying new things until my health improved. You wait no more or less than you do in any other Drs office. I have always felt respected and listened to. I highly recommend her.
I have only horrible things to say about this doc. I went to her for 5 years, and she still seemed totally clueless about me unless she referred to her notes, many of which were incorrect, record wise. She is the worst diagnostician I have ever experienced. I had asthma for 8 months. She did 2 chest x-rays, and prescribed 2 antibiotics without giving me a breathalizer test. She goes through the motions and refers to specialists but does not have the analytical skills to diagnose what is wrong from the data.Terrible bedside manner. She seems like a very unhappy person. I finally decided I didn't have to be around such an unpleasant person and changed doctors.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Michelle C Scanlan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPasteur Medical Associates Pa, 4410 Medical Dr Ste 100, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Michelle C Scanlan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.