Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Miguel E Cabanela has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Miguel E Cabanela has the following 18 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Bone Transplantation
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Hip Disorders
- Femoral Neck Fractures
- Ununited Fractures
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Miguel E Cabanela has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Miguel E Cabanela is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Cabanela is a Brillant Dr. He gave my Mother her independence back by fixing her hip correctly---allowed her to walk,drive,travel and enjoy her life. She had two failed hip replacements in our home town- I took my Mother to see him with her hip out of socket--he operated on her and the job was done CORRECTLY. He has remained in contact with us over the last 10 years. When ever I call about a concern, he returns my call or letter immediately.He is a 5 STAR Doctor!
I can NOT believe people would give this man less than four stars. He is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the world, and maybe you don't like that he "tells it like it is," but I would think his skill as a surgeon would outweigh that! If you're overweight and that's why you need surgery that certainly isn't his fault, and you could not be in better hands, so suck it up.I'm the most paranoid, distrusting person when it comes to doctors due to the apathy and incompetence which runs rampant where I'm from. HOWEVER, I had complete trust in Dr. Cabanela after the first surgery and wasn't worried ONE BIT about my mom for her second one. I can not stress enough how big that is. The first surgery I had to take medications from all of the stress and anxiety I had, but the second one, after him having done the first, did not phase me ONE BIT. Again, for me to be completely calm in the face of what could be considered a matter of life or death is VERY high praise for this man.I have not read the other reviews--only seen the star ratings--so if bedside manner is your "thing", you go ahead and find someone with a better one and I'll stick with my phenomenal surgeon who blows the pants off of his "competition"!! Let's see who's happiest and healthiest when it's all over.One other thing: My mom, the patient, completely agrees with this review and absolutely adores Dr. Cabanela. She tells everyone she talks to how great he is and what a wonderful experience she's had with him. Thank you, Dr. Cabanela! From the whole family.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
50 Years Experience
Universidad De Santiago De Chile
Graduated in 1968
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMayo Pediatric Clinic, 200 1st Ave NW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Miguel E Cabanela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.